Thursday, May 26, 2011

Distracted Brians

It is very hard to focus on work the day before going on a fun trip. Naturally, this means that my day was far more busy than usual which, while having the added advantage of making time fly, also meant that I was a wee bit distracted and had to do a few things over.

For example, I accidentally type an email to a brain today. I was actually intending to type Brian but I accidentally called him brain. This is not good. Also, I was trying to send an email to our IT support person and I accidentally sent it to myself which did me no good at all.

Still, in spite of that, I did manage to actually accomplish something today which I find to be a huge accomplishment. Even more so than usual. Of course, we have a slightly shorter day in the office today due to the fact that my boss scheduled a client appreciation event this evening and we all got to leave at 4:30 p.m.

Normally, I’d be excited about that because the event is a wine tasting and I love wine. However, it’s not the most convenient thing this time around. My smart thinking when I booked my ticket for New York back in February was to fly from my parents’ airport so that I could drive up to stay with them overnight and drop off the pups to spend the weekend with their ‘grandparents’. My flight leaves at 6 a.m. tomorrow morning.

I had planned on leaving work a little early so I could spend the evening with my parents before I left tomorrow. Then when I came home, I’d fly back through their airport, pick up the pups and be on my merry way.

And then my boss scheduled the wine tasting a couple of weeks ago and since it’s a client appreciation event, I’m required to go.

This now means that I will not get to leave for my parent’s until quite late this evening which means I’ll be late arriving at their house and I have to get up at 4:00 a.m. tomorrow morning.

Ah well, the best laid plans…right? The idea to fly from my parents’ airport seemed like such a good idea even if my local airport is Cincinnati and, ironically, I’m connecting through Cincinnati on the way to New York.

Nevertheless, I’m still rather excited and I’m very much looking forward to my trip. I’m going to try not to make it all about food but I think that might be difficult. I like food. Food is fun.

I’m sure I’ll have plenty of adventures to write about in my next blog but, for now, I’m signing off until Tuesday evening before my slightly distracted brain starts getting even more distracted.

And that time I meant to type brain, not brian.

Happy Friday and have a great long weekend. Thanks, as always, for reading!

No comments:

StatCounter