Sunday, July 17, 2011

Harry Potter and The Annoying MovieGoers

I won't make this a long and blithering blog as I often do on Sundays and will try to keep it shorter and sweeter than usual.

As I said on Friday, I did finally get to see the last and final adventures of "Harry Potter" this weekend. It was a great way to end a great series of movies and I enjoyed every minute of the movie. It was sad, exciting, clever, funny and just overall fantastic. That's my review.

My only question about the whole experience was not about the film but, rather, to one of the fellow movie watchers who shared the theatre with us. Here's my question: What would possess you to bring a very young child to a 9:15 p.m. showing of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2"?

I mean, ok, so maybe they couldn't find a babysitter but that's not a very good excuse. THe movie was incredibly dark and I imagine quite scary to a young child. Also, it's 9:15 p.m. Shouldn't the child be IN BED?????

Ok. Rant over. Well, except to ask the young woman behind me who liked to put her feet up on the back of the seat next to me after taking off her shoes...is it really necessary to talk at almost full voice quite often? Most of the people are there to WATCH THE MOVIE. She was explaining what was happening to her significant other. I'd like to think that if he's watching the same movie as her, he might have been aware of what was happening but what do I know.

In spite of that and the person who had a rather large and uncomfortable sounding coughing fit in the back of the theatre, I still enjoyed the movie a lot.

I'm just turning into a cranky old lady, I think. Either that or I wanted my experience of seeing the LAST HARRY POTTER MOVIE EVER FOR THE FIRST TIME to be, you know, something where I could focus on the movie instead of the habits of other patrons.

At least no one's cell phone rang. Though the girl a few seats down from me was rather distracting while she texted and the glow of her phone lit up. Ah well....at least it was a great movie.

Thanks, J.K. Rowling for making such a wonderful story for us to read and then watch.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

StatCounter