Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Joining the Masses...

So, after much debate and consideration, I have decided to blog. This is mostly because I've usually got something to say and this way, I don't have to force those that love me to always listen. Particularly when I rant. Or when I rave. Or I just feel like a good old babble. Which is, pretty often. So, without further ado, I present my blog.

You might have questions. I'll attempt to answer them.

Why Captain Monkeypants?

Answer: I like pirates. A lot. Hence the captain. Monkeypants because the monkey is the only animal cracker to have pants as Oz from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" so wisely pointed out and I like that distinction. Also...it's funny. Monkeypants is a funny word.

Who are you?

Uh, I'm...me? I can't say I know who I am absolutely because I'm not sure that's 100% possible. Every time I think I know something about myself absolutely, I discover that it's not quite true. Add all those 'not quite trues' up and you get a certain shifting mist that isn't quite reachable. It keeps life interesting.

But I know this. I am a writer. I may be unpublished, as of yet, but to me, writing is rather like eating; I can skip it but then I'll be crabby, unsatiated and unpleasant to be around. I need it to function and it gets me through the rough times. Writing is my comfort and my joy and it makes me who I am.

I like pop culture. I love books. I have a very dry sense of humour and find words that make me laugh, like Pomona and numbnuts for the sheer fun and silliness of saying them. I love my friends and adore my family. I have a thing for sausage dogs (known to many others as dachshunds) and I love to watch it rain. These are the things I know about me. They may change. Life always changes. It's not a bad thing. It just is what it is. I'll probably blog about it when it happens. I might not. I like being free to decide that.

Why should I care?

You don't have to. But I tend to be sort of entertaining, particularly when I rant and rave. I get quite passionate. I might be a good way to pass the time when you're at work and want to read something that isn't work-related.

And if you have more questions, I might answer them later. I might not. I don't actually know what I'm going to do yet but it'll be fun and slightly off-centre, (which is what my high school yearbook claimed were three words to describe me but then, it also said I was "most likely to be the next Stephen King" and I'm still waiting for THAT to happen so....)

Keep reading. I promise to entertain, enlighten and enrage. You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

StatCounter