Thursday, October 16, 2008

Random questions...

So, I don't feel like being too deep today. Maybe it's 'cause it's Thursday and my day is about getting my work done so I can go home and watch TV tonight. Maybe it's 'cause I'm tired. Who knows? Anyway, I decided to blog anyway because it's a good habit and that way, I'm at least writing, even if I'm not writing my next story for rejection (and yes, this means I'm not quite over being rejected yet. It usually takes a couple of days. It used to take longer.)

So, I figured I'd just through some questions I have for the world, out there to the Interweb. It's a bit like tossing a penny into a body of water- you know you'll never get what you wish for but sometimes....you just have to.

Which, actually, I'll make my first question.

1. Why do people throw money into random bodies of water? I mean, I get the whole wishing well thing but it's a fountain at the mall- seriously...and at the zoo- I've seen people throw money into the penguin pool. What, you think the penguin looks broke? Penguins don't go shopping. They might eat the money and then choke to death and die. Do you REALLY want that on your head?

2. I saw an Amish lady with a carseat last week. Why? For anyone who doesn't know, the Amish follow a very old-fashioned way of life in which they aren't allowed to use modern conveniences such as cars, electricity and microwave ovens. They have horse and buggies to get around. So, if they can't drive cars, why is the baby in a carseat?

3. Fashion...why? I saw a girl wearing leggings under jeans under a skirt today. What, she couldn't make up her mind what she wanted to wear so she wore all three? Or how about the girls wearing Uggs with a tank top, mini skirts and scarves? I don't get it.

4. Where are Green Day? I love Green Day- they're my favourite band. And now they've dropped off the planet after doing a couple of shows and one album under one of their alter egos, The Foxboro Hottubs. I miss Green Day.

5. Why do I now like Coldplay? I spent years disliking Chris Martin's whiny voice and now I actually get happy if I hear them on the radio. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? (oh, wait, I don't think I want that one answered....)

6. Who can really ride a bike with no handlebars? Is it that the bike is really a unicycle and has no handlebars or do the Flobots really mean they don't hold onto the handlebars when they ride a bike?

7. Why is toast so tasty? And how come people don't like toast? I think I might be a little suspicious of anyone who doesn't like toast. Toast is one of my favourite creations. Ever.

8. Why don't we make the election more like American Idol? Millions of people watch that show. Maybe if Simon Cowell had a go at the candidates, people would actually vote. Hey, you know what'd be good? Having Simon Cowell and Gordon Ramsey on a panel- brutal but fun.

9. Why did Borders stop sending me text messages with coupons in them? I miss that. It was the coolest thing to go to Borders and show them the coupon on my phone. Now I actually have to remember to cut out the coupon and take it to the store. All that extra effort...sigh...

10. Why does Olive Garden charge $5.95 for soup, salads and breadsticks at lunch but charges $9.95 for it at dinner time? It's not like 'all you can eat' changes from one time to the next. It's not like they give you anything extra. It's. The. Same. Amount. Of. Food.

Ok, so I'm sure I'll probably do this again. I always have questions. I don't always get answers but, like I said, I thought I'd throw 'em out there anyway....it never hurts...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the way your mind works!

StatCounter