Thursday, December 23, 2010

Counting Down the Minutes...

This will likely be my last post until after Christmas since the next couple of days will be filled with festiveness and family.

I'm currently sitting in my office. Only four out of six of our staff our in and there's absolutely nothing to do. The phone isn't ringing. No one is returning emails. In short, it's a dead zone around here. We've all stood around and looked at photos from past office trips. Apparently, every year if you meet a certain quota, you get invited on a fancy trip somewhere tropical or touristy. It sounds like fun except the quota makes me nervous.

Still, I'm not worrying about quotas until after Christmas. For now, my thoughts are filled with visions of sugarplums dancing in my head. Well, not really because I'm not entirely sure what a sugarplum looks like. I call my puppies "sugarplum" once in a while so now I just pictured them dancing. This will, of course, lead to me wanting to dance with Sookie tomorrow to ensure my parents have a white Christmas up in Indiana where the pups and I will be staying for the next ten days.

Down here in Cincinnati, we're going to get a fair amount of snow. I have my fingers crossed that we'll get it in Indiana too.

I'll be on my way up there in a few short hours. First I have to go home, release the 'hounds from their crate and let them run around for a bit while I pack up my clothes, load the car and get ready to go. I have my Christmas CD's ready for the road. My gifts are all wrapped.

In short, I'm ready for Christmas. Tomorrow, being Christmas Eve, is my favourite day of the year. As I've said before, I love the preparation and the anticipation. Christmas Day is always a little sad because it's the culmination of weeks of preparation.

Nevertheless, tomorrow is tomorrow and there's baking and cooking to be done. I believe there's also shopping since my dad has to finish up and as the Designated Personal Shopping Assistant to my family, I've promised to assist him. Still, I'm making him follow my lead of getting up early to beat the crowds because the best bargains are to be had in the earlier hours of the day. Also, that means we'll be home by noon.

The loveliest part of today is that because I finally took some time off work, I have a full week of vacation ahead. It's nice to know that I can actually sit around without having anything I HAVE to do. It'll be my last week of being a bit of holiday glutton and not worrying one little bit about calories before I hit my usual New Year's need to get in shape. I intend to enjoy every last calorie before the end of the year.

So, all that's left before my vacation begins is to get through the next hour of work before we're dismissed and Christmas vacation begins. It's not quite the same as it was when we were in school but, in a way, it's better because I get to decide when I'm taking off work and when I'm going back. Also, being a grownup is a bit more fun at times. Especially when it involves wine and other fun holiday traditions.

Now...back to work. Or, at least, waiting until it's time to leave. Then it's off to have a merry Christmas.

To all my blog readers out there in the webosphere, I thank you for following me and reading my daily rambles. To all my friends, I appreciate you dearly. To my family...I'm a very lucky Monkeypants because I have a good family, especially my mum.

Merry Christmas to All!

No comments:

StatCounter