Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Light at the End of a Gloomy Grey Tunnel of Clouds....

It really has been a gloomy week. The sun did come out today but, by the time we all left the office, it had faded again, the clouds moving thickly overhead and the first sprinkle of rain just falling.

Still, I refuse to complain when I woke up this morning and saw the first sunrise in a week. It was nice to see the sun for a bit, albeit briefly. It even warmed up and the puppies got to frolic in the sunshine during our lunch hour.

The day was a quiet one. It ended with a happy hour after work. I hadn't planned on going since I tend to feel that I spend enough time in the office with my coworkers and I'd rather spend my free time with my puppies. Still, I was persuaded to go by a friend/coworker and I'm glad I did. There weren't too many of my coworkers there and I got to meet a couple of new people. And, in all honesty, as much as I love my puppies, they're not huge on conversation.

Though, when I got in, they were certainly talkative. I got told off, quite firmly, by Rory who hates it when I leave them. Of course, I was also greeted with excitement, enthusiasm and two furry bundles of puppy that dived on me the minute I walked in the house so I can take a little puppy-scolding.

The nicest part of the day is that tomorrow is Friday and that means a weekend. It's supposed to be rainy all weekend but I think that'll be ok. Even though my garden is a weedy mess and my grass grows quicker than I can mow it, there's plenty of stuff to do in the house. Next weekend, I have a houseguest for Memorial Day weekend- my good friend Saz who was supposed to come in February but couldn't make it because of the snow. We're not supposed to have snow next week so I think her trip is a go this time.

It's funny because I know if I don't clean, Saz won't care but there's something about guests that automatically sets off the alarm bells and you start thinking of places to clean that normally don't really exist in the scope of your awareness- the corners of the shower, for example. Are our toilets ever more clean than when guests come and stay?

Still, even if it's just cleaning, the weekend lies ahead like a bright, shiny light at the end of a gloomy tunnel. I intend to enjoy every minute of it and I hope you do too.

Happy Friday and have a great weekend!

No comments:

StatCounter